So, at a Friend’s house tonight the following happened;
– At Friend’s and I state that it’s 7pm already (he needed to leave in a few hours..)
– He says “I know how to make the time pass until then” giving a seedy “winky face”
– I look blankly at him
– He says ” we could play chess!” laughing
– I say “I don’t know how to play chess”
– He stops laughing at looks at me, defeated and lost.
– “You.. completely lost the joke” he says with his head in his hands laughing.. again
– I finally get the joke and start laughing, but by now the moment is over and we stop laughing. We then sit in a awkward silence while I repeat “ah, my God.. dammit!”
I love having socially awkward moments like this (not really!)… but honestly a trait I have is having jokes and sarcasm sometimes fly over my head. This has created many laughs at my expense and many head shaking in disappointment at myself moments, all in humor of course. I do enjoy laughing at myself!
Have you ever had this happen to you? what’s your most socially awkward moments?
Until next time!
GIF CREDIT: https://giphy.com/gifs/chloe-concerned-kaq6GnxDlJaBq